First, the best news: Zadie has moved from the tenth percentile in weight to the 25th! In addition, the doctor commented on how strong she is (I know -- I'm so proud!) and said that since she can roll over and hold her head up so well, if she rolls over to sleep on her tummy, not to worry about it or (as I did last night) push her back over.
She needs to start eating rice cereal once a day, so I pumped some milk and made some today. I thought it would go about how it did last time, with her not eating really any of it. But she ate almost all of it! In fact, I had a paper towel handy to catch the drips, and when all was said and done there was only a little bit on the towel, so the rest of it MUST have gone down her wee gullet. So... oh my god, my baby's eating food!
As it happens, I had my appendectomy follow-up today. I had never met my doctor, because despite the idiocy of trying to move refrigerators by myself (and backwards -- you're right, Dad), I am in generally good health and never need to go to the doctor. I'm serious; I'm not one of those people who won't go to the doctor. I just never need to. Anyway, while I was there, I got a TB test for work, and the doctor mentioned that I was due for a tetanus shot, so I got that, too. And it's been five years since my last cholesterol screen, so I had one of those while I was at it. I suspect it's pretty good right now, despite my weight: I've been off dairy and eating oatmeal every day.
We had a nice breakfast with Monkeygirl this morning. Man, I love Fox and Goose. I have some bloggy things on my mind that I think I'll write about soon. One is the state of my writing, and blogging itself. Another was inspired by Black Hockey Jesus again. He was asking about people's best and worst memories associated with songs, and I have more than one best and worst, and want to do it in something longer than a comments section. So look for that.
Take care,
CM
4 comments:
what is your favourite breakfast item at fox and goose?
I almost always get the pub grill with an olallieberry scone. On rare occasions, I get the harvest grains or just strawberries with devonshire cream and the scone.
Yay to early breakfast on a workday! It set the tone for my entire day which has been awesome, and might I concur on the pub grill although I typically add bacon, and a crumpet!
Zadie's adorable! I'm at Suzanne's, and we're looking your blog.
Post a Comment