Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Leafy Greens, the Japanese, the King in the building?

Yesterday my good friend Leif dropped by. He had transposed the numbers in my phone number and kept getting this very effusive message that said "This phone number will NEVER accept blocked IDs!" So he just came by and we hung out while the baby tasted and tested the relative merits of all ten of his digits. Then Sweetie came home and we all made fun of him for listening to "Pure Moods" and we went to sushi. We had a great time. I miss Leif since he moved away.

Today I went to my grandma's house for lunch, which her live-in-lover, Sam, made. It was a yummy frittata. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get Zadie a nap, so she was a little cranky and wouldn't really let her granny hold her. Both Sweetie and I find Sam kind of funny. He tells implausible war stories and cracks himself up. My favorite moment today was when Grandma wanted the camera and said she didn't know how to use Sam's. He says it "does everything for you. The Japanese... they're ahead in everything." And Grandma brings out this twenty year old point and shoot the size of a brick. It was beautiful.

Look at this photo. The high collar, the open neck, the slightly flared pants... does she look a little like Elvis? Or have I been spending too much time with the baby? Am I losing it? Seriously.
IMG_1988

3 comments:

BC said...

I love the Elvis outfit! Incidentally, I think all babies love Elvis, regardless of parental preferences. Penny went nuts the first time I played Elvis for her. (She went completely berserk over Benny Goodman, though, so it is possible that she is actually 70 years old.)

Now I am wondering if your friend Leif is the Leif we know. If he has a sister named Katie, that's the one.

Count Mockula said...

That's the very Leif. You and I have a wee overalap in a venn diagram of the same group of friends. But Sacramento is a small town.

BC said...

I think everybody knows Leif, actually!