Monday, August 18, 2008

Had a fun weekend & Monday

After the party Friday, we had a chill Saturday, cleaning up a little and just not doing much. That evening, we went to Kamon for sushi. The baby was super-good and Sweetie held her almost the whole time. I had a new appetizer, the sesame tofu, which was good, but next time I'd split it between about four people.

Sunday was kind of the usual. I read the paper in the morning, then hung out with Mom. We took the baby to the Crocker Art Museum, which was having a Pop Art exhibit that included some Lichtensteins, all of Warhol's "Athletes," some Wayne Theibaud (say what you will, they make me happy), and some sculptures I thought were really interesting. Then we went to Macy's and did some back-to-school shopping for me. I tried on six items and all six fit and looked good, which I think is a first. You can look at my Flickr page to see what I got (the pics include some shirts I bought at Target, and yes, some of the pictures are crappy). Then we had dinner at Rubicon and I got a pomegranate cider... Yum!

Today I did some errands with the baby. Sweetie came home early and I made a good dinner -- refried beans, brown rice, and fresh guacamole and salsa plus tortillas. The salsa was quite spicy.

It went like this:
About two pounds of yellow cherry tomatoes
1 jalapeno
three cloves garlic
about 1 Tbs salt
1 small red onion
1 bunch cilantro

Throw it in the blender and blend the shit out of it.

It actually tasted kind of like the Tres Hermanas salsa, which I love. Sweetie says I need to make it again.

Then, despite the big dinner, I decided I'd walk to Sweeties (no, we don't live apart -- there's a dessert joint called that nearby) for a piece of old-fashioned chocolate cake. It was great. I sang loudly to the baby all the way there and back. And when I came home I found that Mom had come by and brought a dessert, too! I'll try it tomorrow. Then the baby and I splashed around in the bath. FYI, the Bumbo seat floats. And she didn't pee in the bath, but she spat up, then peed when I got her out. Good times.

2 comments:

gynagirl said...

Sorry I couldn't make it on Friday. I caught a stomach flu that made my gastro/intestinal area almost reach out of my belly button & call a priest.

Suzanne said...

Wayne Theibaud (say what you will, they make me happy)

The only thing I have to say is, who is Wayne Theibaud? (Yes, I could look it up, but I like declaring my cultural ignorance to your readers.)