I forgot one important music memory. We were listening to Prince's Purple Rain album on my friend Erinn's porch, about four of us on the afternoon of a slumber party. "Darling Nikki" came on and got to just about the "masturbating with a magazine" line and Erinn's mom came flying out the door, furious, demanding to know what we were listening to and taking the cassette. We were chastened. We felt bad that Erinn might be in trouble. At the same time? The song became TOTALLY tantalizing. It's still one of my favorites.
Poor Zadie did not get along with yesterday's vaccines. She was clingy all afternoon and evening, and in the middle of the night, she was fussing fussing fussing. I picked her up to put her tummy-side-down on my chest (which frequently calms her) and she instantly puked all over me. I put her down and Sweetie turned on the light and she puked more. Like a fountain. It was all over her head and face. On the bright side, it's still all formula and breastmilk, so it didn't have that puke stink I'm used to. On the other bright side, afterwards she calmed down and slept through the rest of the night.
1 comment:
I just got an MMR vaccine myself, so I sympathize. OK, I am over identifying here, as I did not get sick. Poor baby and puked on parents.
Post a Comment