What has blogging done for me lately?
I made several friends, including Suzanne, Des, Alex, and Suebob. I keep in touch with people I didn't know or didn't know well, like Beth and TNWIEB.
I am able to keep my darling sister-in-law up to date on Zadie and make sure everyone can see her pictures, even though they're farther away that we'd like.
I get to write regularly, even if it's not writerly writing.
It has sometimes improved communication between me and my Sweetie. More than once, he's said "I didn't know you felt that way" or "I think you misunderstood me."
I often use it to vent about things that are stressing me out, which in turn relieves the stress.
I've managed to communicate with people I've never met and wouldn't have ever communicated with otherwise.
I went to BlogHer '07 in Chicago, and can't think of the circumstances in which I'd have gone there otherwise, but I loved Chicago (and Suzanne's parents).
I've got a record of all the milestones Zadie hits that I can go back and refer to when I want to fill in her baby book.
I've decided that I had something meaningful to say that people sometimes want to hear.
So thanks, blogging. Next up, post 1001.
7 comments:
Wow. I remember when toltec first motivated you to blog. Back in the Morena Way days, seems a liftime ago. Let's see since then...new house, new baby, new husband. Life is grand wouldn't you say. Here's to 1000 more.
yay! those are the same reasons I blog (less the baby stuff). We love you!
Thanks, ladies. Life IS grand.
I love it also.
I can keep up on all the good stuff, and don't have to use the phone or break up your day.
Let us know whem "Mydeh" shifts into forward, though she may have figured something out the rest of us haven't.
Love to all.
keep the pictures and posts coming i don't feel so far away when I can see and hear from you. Love always sis in law and proud auntie.
Hello, I have read your blog since coming across the How much is inside my fridge on Cockeyed. You seem like a great bunch. Congratulations from England on your 1000 post!
Congrats on your 1,000th post, and I am so glad that we are blog and real life friends! By the way, my parents' totally loved meeting you, too. They always ask me how you are.
Post a Comment