So after discussing all the possible reasons I might not have gotten a full paycheck, it was sort of on my mind that something could go wrong. And in fact, I did not get paid.
Instead of leaving voice mail messages and waiting for return calls, I just packed up the baby and we went to the district office this morning. I had "fallen off" the payroll because of my month of unpaid leave, and some department forgot to tell some other department to put me back on. But I did have the "summer bucket" money set aside, and they are going to send it to me. It'll just be, like, Tuesday. So it's a good thing the mortgage got paid!
The same guy is always at the front counter of the administration department when I go in, and because of various things, I've been in a lot this year. So today instead of walking and saying "Hi, I'm Count Mockula, and I think there's been a problem with my paycheck. May I speak with someone in payroll?" I walked up to him and said "Dude! I didn't get paid!" He replied in kind: "Dude! That sucks!" And then he got someone for me, but the rest of our conversation was peppered with "dude"s. Not like we're from California or anything.
Off to nap with baby-licious. She's super-tired.
1 comment:
If only all things were resolved with a few exclamations of "dude!"
Post a Comment