Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Excellent question, Suzanne

Who is Wayne Thiebaud?

He's a California artist who is most famous for his pictures of desserts. One of the paintings we saw the other day was "Pies, Pies, Pies". There's some debate as to whether he's really a Pop artist, because some of his work of everyday objects (cakes, lipsticks, gumball machines) predates the Pop movement. I know his work because it's all over Sacramento. He attended the university Sweetie works at. I knew this before reading the Wiki, but here's the link anyway.







4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yum. Thanks for answering my question.

Anonymous said...

bummer. did you not like my comment and remove it or did I not hit the publish button?

TNWINEB :(

Count Mockula said...

I didn't see it. I think you must not have hit publish. How could I not like anything you have to say? =)

Anonymous said...

Well, as I was saying....I absoutely LOVE Wayne Thiebaud! He is a legend. I go to his shows whenever there is one in Sac. I'd love to have one of his paintings (I'd love to be able to AFFORD one of his paintings!)

A bit of trivia that no one but me finds interesting:

I once bought a pair of Tap Shoes from Mallory Thiebaud, his daughter, on ebay! She was named after Wayne's mentor, Robert Mallory. He has another daughter named...er...Twinka. She is a writer/actor/some more artsy professions that I can't remember now.


TNWINEB