Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bible, Bruce Lee... whatever.

I was feeling like the theme of the day was the quote I've often heard: "Fall down nine times, get up ten." I thought it was Bruce Lee who had said it, but I didn't just want to attribute it to him without being sure, so I looked it up. Yeah, it's from the Bible. Whoops!

IMG_0978

IMG_0979

Anyway, we went ice skating today! Zadie totally embodied that quote today, because no matter how many times she fell, she just got right back up. Only once did she even fuss a bit, and that was when she landed in a big puddle and got soaking wet. She did really well, standing up without help and making a beeline for the ice (even before I had managed to get my skates on). She started out by holding both of my hands, but when I needed to straighten up, she held one hand for a couple laps. Several people commented on how well she was doing for how young she is. I was really proud.

Unfortunately, the ice rink's policy is apparently to run two-hour sessions beginning at the even hours, and even if you come at 1pm and pay full price, they don't mention that they're going to throw you off the ice in 45 minutes. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the policy, and it makes perfect sense why they do the two-hour sessions. It just pisses me off that there's NO signage, nothing on the web site, and no one verbalizes it to you until they're throwing you off the ice and you ask. We were both disappointed.

Also today I painted the bathroom. I had done it a couple years ago and done a piss-poor job, frankly. There were several spots where I didn't get good coverage, even though I did two coats and several touch-ups. It needed to be completely re-done, and since we had just gotten the tile done, a new toilet, had the towel bar moved, and gotten a light fixture (that one's older, but still...), it seemed like this was the perfect time to do it. I started at about eight and was done by about eleven, although I still had some clean-up to do this afternoon, and there may be one more touch-up spot on the ceiling. Now the whole room looks totally finished and awesome!

Zadie wants to blog, too. Here's what she has to say to the world: I love you. I love Grandma, but you're cute. And I like you. Because I love it. And I love you. And guh-bwah. Shagwah. I shab you because it is nice to shab people. Why are you writing my answers up? What are those answers? And you are cute. I love you. You're cute! I love you. Paint! Since you painted I got myself dirty. Painting is dirty, because caw! I love you, world! [ed. Z runs screaming around the room for a minute, then comes back.] I love the world. I love you a bushel and a peck!

No comments: