Monday, November 08, 2010

Raggedy Ann

This morning as I was dropping Zadie off, she made a beeline for the Raggedy Ann doll that sleeps in a little doll bed. She sat on the edge of the bed, murmuring words of comfort to it, telling Ann that she didn't have to be scared. She used part of my good night saying: "Good night, sleep tight. I love you, and I will see you in the morning." Then she gently explained that she couldn't stay in Raggedy Ann's bed, because she had her own bed.

I am so lucky and so thankful that, when she is acting as Mommy, she is the Mommy I want to be most of the time, and not the "Come on, hop up into your carseat, quick quick quick!" Mommy that I sometimes am.

My writing group finally inspired me to do some writing. I actually wrote a pretty decent short-short story during the meeting last Friday, and today I wrote about 600 words of something I've been thinking about for a long time. The friend who organizes it really goes to some trouble to prepare, and I appreciate it. I decided to get her a little present, so I ordered it today.

Anyway, life is good. Hope it is for you, too.

No comments: