We had a horrible night last night, and this morning we had tantrum after tantrum even though she was only awake for about ten minutes before I dumped her on Grandma. She cried because she wanted to go to the park, but it wasn't a park day. (Incidentally, no one had said anything about the park, we have never told her it's not a park day, and I basically have no earthly idea why she suddenly burst into tears about it).
Anyway, this afternoon I happened to have some free time, and there were a couple things we needed from a household goods store. Said store is right next to an Old Navy, and I am getting some pictures taken of Zadie on Saturday. Usually we do one fancy dress and one more casual outfit, but I didn't have the casual outfit yet, so I popped into Old Navy. They had SUCH cute stuff. I ended up getting her an outfit with a pink shirt with a Christmas tree, a silver tiered tutu, and silver boots.
Anyway, the boots weren't too small, but they were really borderline, and I knew a larger size would work better with socks and as she grows. So we went back tonight. In the car on the way, we were talking about grandparents, and hers are pretty complicated. I mean, she has seven, and no set of parents is still with the partner they had the child with. Anyway... We talk about it fairly often, that Grandma is Mom's mom, Grandpa John is Mom's dad, and Grandpa John lives with Grandma Tia, whereas Grandma lives with Boompah, etc. So we get onto the topic of Grandpa Hossein.
I would never want to stereotype, but the Persian people are somewhat known for their impressive noses. In fact, nose jobs are ubiquitous in Iran (it probably doesn't hurt that the nose is one of the only things you can see on a woman). So Zadie says "Why does Grandpa Hossein have a kinda long nose?" I replied, "Oh, it's just one of his unique features." Zadie pursues it: "Why does Grandpa Hossein look kind of goofy with his long long nose?" "Well, I don't think he looks goofy." "Yeah, he does look goofy."
As for me, my grades are due tomorrow and they're done already! Which means that shortly after noon tomorrow, I'm outta there! I'm going to pick up Z, have lunch, pick up some stuff for cookie and ice cream making.
I could have gone to band practice tonight (they're trying to do it every week), but I really need an early evening, especially since Zadie didn't stop screaming and howling "BUT I'M NOT TIRED!!!" until after 10:30, and she woke up again at 4, at which point I found that she had already taken off her pajama pants and diaper. I had to clean her up, put a diaper back on her, and lay down with her to get her back to sleep. As I get up at 5, I really didn't get any more sleep. I got up this morning thinking "I think I got thirty winks instead of forty."
Okay, take care!
CM
No comments:
Post a Comment