Earlier, I heard Z and Sweetie talking about whether she was sweet or spicy. They decided on spicy, then there was some whispering, and she came running into the kitchen, where she proceeded to do a very energetic, kicky dance and sing "I'm too spicy for my dress. I'm too spicy for my dress. I'm too spicy for my dress it huuurts me!"
On the way to a birthday party, we were talking about music, and she asked why I like it. I answered simply, that it made me feel good, that it was catchy, and that I could relate to it. She said "Music makes my bad feelings go out of my breath." Isn't that awesome? I know it doesn't make perfect sense, but it makes a little more if I tell you that we often talk about trying to breathe her bad feelings out.
And finally, she's been on a rhyming kick. Earlier she said "Okay, whatever you say. I made a rhyme!" And in the continuing Right Said Fred theme, at the dinner table she announced "I'm too spicy for my tights, I'm not wearing a shirt, my tights hurt!"
I can't tell you what craft project I'm working on, because the intended recipient sometimes reads this, but I got a lot of work done on it last night, and I'm very happy with it. Which reinforces my not-doing-NaNoWriMo decision.
Lastly, it's election day, and I voted early. I was, in fact, the tenth person to vote at my polling place (and I think Sweetie was ninth). I know it's normal for the tide to turn half-way through a president's term, and I know there's been a lot of momentum behind this shitbag-crazy tea party movement, but I hope things sort of mostly go my way. It really seems like the other side wants to eliminate public education, give corporations unlimited power, screw the little guy and all the public services, and make decisions based on their religious values irrespective of the separation of church and state (hell, Christine O'Donnell isn't even apparently aware of said separation). Yeah, so... I'm not going to stay up late watching election results or anything, but I'm invested in this.
No comments:
Post a Comment