We had a good day today, though uneventful. We had bread and jam and cheese for breakfast, as a pseudo-Iranian meal. I gave Zadie tea, and I totally forgot that A: she's sensitive to cinnamon and B: the Good Earth tea totally has cinnamon in it. But I remembered when she guzzled her tea and ended up with a Joker-like red grin across her face, plus lines down her chest and on her legs where it had dripped. I threw her in the shower to wash her off. It doesn't seem to bother her at all, but it freaks me out to see such a strong reaction to such a common ingredient.
We went to the farmers market, and today I put her in the old back carrier. I thought she'd be too big, but she wasn't, and I thought she might fuss, but she didn't. In fact, it was a GREAT choice, since I didn't have to carry a wiggly thirty-pound kid and a heavy bag of produce. Then we went to the playground, and she had a great time. And when she had to go potty, she yelled that fact to me and took off running for the car (where we keep the travel potty). So no accident! After that, we went to the gym, then she requested Jamba Juice for lunch, so that's what we did.
At home, I decided to just cook. I made the dinner rolls for next week's family dinner (and they came out great!), a batch of Sweetie's favorite cookies, my food for this week's lunches, and pumpkin muffins. And then I made dinner! We're having another theme week, and this week is Iran. I made two stews, one with yellow split peas and tomato, and another with spinach and herbs. We ate them with Iranian rice, although I've made better. Then we read a Persian Cinderella story, and then it was bedtime. I did try to squeeze in a nap, but it wasn't happening again today. I insisted on 30 minutes of quiet time, which she sort of observed. I don't know why she hasn't been napping lately, but hopefully it's just a phase.
I can't believe I had four days off and it feels like I got so little done. I really envisioned at least getting some crafting done. Well, soon enough I'll have nine days off, then not quite another week will pass before I have two weeks off. It's just hard to be a working mom, to feel like I never have enough time with her, then when I do have some time, to do such a shitty job of it. I mean, in four days I didn't get her to take a single nap! Ah, well.
No comments:
Post a Comment