That is becoming one of her most-used phrases. Keep in mind that this kid typically eats like a teenage boy, but she hasn't gained even one single pound in a year. I know I've done this recently, but it just blew my mind again today.
She woke up before 6 am, starving. Sweetie gave her a bowl with Kashi, Cheerios, and raisins, plus a chocolate milk. She asked me for sausage, and I gave her a sausage patty. Later in the morning, she went to Costco with Grandma, where she had several samples (normally enough for lunch -- five or six samples of, say, half a dolma or a big meatball). Then they got home and she had a regular lunch. Shortly thereafter, she announced that she was starving, and she had a whole Z bar (like a Clif bar for kids), which she wolfed down in a few seconds.
At home, she had about 2/3 of a cup each of rice and refried beans topped with cheese, guacamole, and salsa. Two hours later, she pranced out of bed to announce that she was starving again. I thought it couldn't be possible, but I offered her a few things (all savory -- no desserts), and she took me up on a corn dog, so I heated it up for her, and she ate every morsel. Finally she is sleeping with a full tummy.
Unless you knew my kid well, though, what I really don't mention is that she probably burns 3,000 calories a day in jumping, running, tumbling, climbing, etc. She is the world's most energetic kid. Mom said she was bouncing off the walls today, and I had to restrain myself from asking, "literally?" Because it wouldn't surprise me if she was just throwing herself at the wall, bouncing off, laughing, and doing it again.
Oh my goodness, tomorrow is my last day of work before our newly-extended Thanksgiving break, and tomorrow night is date night for Sweetie's birthday, so Zadie is having a sleepover at Grandma and Boompah's. Woo! Whatever will we do?*
*Probably play Guitar Hero.
1 comment:
I know this kid can bounce, in one form or another, almost continously.
Enjoy !!
BowSaw62
Post a Comment