Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving, part 2

Hi RE and Kimberly! I didn't intend to beg for comments, but getting them was lovely.

Zadie looked adorable today, but I forgot to take pictures. Thanksgiving with my family was wonderful -- and they had actually taken some pains to make several dishes vegetarian.

I may have the creeping death that my family has been passing around. It would be hard to argue, at this point, that I don't at least have a cold.

For the record, my sweet potatoes were a hit (although in an attempt to get Z to have at least part of a nap, we were about 15 minutes late, and several people had already gotten a plate by the time I put them out). My aunt Joy said she liked the marshmallow version, but no one else seemed put out. Two of my (young, bachelor) cousins even asked for the recipe, seeming surprised that they were that sweet on their own.

Okay, so that's that. I know people (ahem, Dad) think I'm silly when I complain about not getting enough done, but I'm definitely not getting anything done this vacation. I pretty much took care of Z for three days, exercised, cooked, and ate today, and if I'm reading the old cards correctly, I'm about to spend a couple days nursing a cold of my own.

Enjoy your time off if you have some. Enjoy everything you have to be thankful for.

Yours,
CM

No comments: