Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I don't know how to do this every year without starting to sound like Ann Landers, but I am truly grateful for all I have, and I have SO MUCH. Did you know I have almost 40 living family members within twenty miles? And both my parents are within two miles? And my husband's family is almost all just one state away. Heck, we can see almost everyone (with the exception of my maternal grandma) without getting groped by TSA.

So yes, I am thankful for family, for my home, for my job, for all the people who are so good to me, for California weather, for fresh food, for a reliable car, for making it through this recession relatively unscathed (we actually both took pay cuts, but his ended as mine started -- that's got to be a blessing, right?), for my wonderful friends, for living in this country, for the good health of almost everyone I know, and for all the little things I don't have to worry about, like heat, electricity, clean water, and so much more.

No comments: